Only the official Amazon app store can be configured on the Amazon Fire Stick. To put it in another way, Fire Stick users are unable to access any Google Play Store app. On the official Google app store, Discord is one of the apps available. Does this rule out Discord and other Google Play Store apps for Fire Stick users?
Not in the least. This tutorial will show you how to download Discord on your Amazon Fire Stick device.
INSTALLATION OF DISCORD ON AMAZON FIRE STICK
Despite the limitations, the Amazon Fire Stick will be able to run the most popular Google Play Store apps with a few tweaks.
Please keep in mind that in this tutorial, we will never use the real Google Play Store. The actual Google Play Store is difficult to process with since you will need to root your Amazon Fire Stick device. Therefore, we’ll use third-party app alternative to Google Play Store.
ALTERNATIVE APP STORE DOWNLOAD – YALP
YALP is one of the good alternatives, with thousands of apps from the Google Play Store. So, the first step is to get this app on your phone. Because it can’t be downloaded right away, you’ll need to make some settings first.
Here’s all what you need to do:
- Go to the Amazon Fire Stick settings.
- Use your controller to find the My Fire TV option and select it.
- Select Developer Options from the My Fire TV options menu.
- Enable ADB Debugging.
- Enable apps from unknown sources. This will allow the Fire Stick device to download apps from third party websites. While this is not recommended, the websites we will mention in this article are completely trustworthy.
Go to the home screen and choose the Apps tab after you’ve changed these settings. Select Productivity from the Categories menu.
- Also Read: How To Customize Google Forms
Now is the time to look for the Downloader app. Once you’ve located it, hit the Amazon Fire Stick controller’s middle circular button to download it.
The Downloader app will come in handy because it allows you to immediately download certain apps. After the installation is complete, open the Downloader app.
We’ll use Downloader to get FileLinked, which is another app. Several APKs are stored in the FileLinked app. The YALP app store is one of them.
To get FileLinked, go to http://get.filelinked.com and click the GO button.
After that, Downloader will download and install the FileLinked app for you.
Search for the YALP app store in FileLinked. Wait for the YALP app store to be installed after clicking the download button on the right side of the screen.
- Also Read: Easy Ways To Activate YouTube with YouTube.com/activate (Watch Videos Using Your Smart Device)
DOWNLOADING DISCORD FROM THE YALP STORE
Let’s get to the main side of this post now that you’re ready. Here’s how to get Discord and other Google Play Store apps via the YALP app store.
- Open the YALP app store. Once you open this app, you will be able to see all the apps you have installed on your Amazon Fire Stick device.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper left of the screen. This will open another menu.
- Select Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and select the “Pretend to be a different device” option. This will allow the Amazon Fire Stick to literally disguise itself as another device. This is necessary because the Google Play Store does not support Fire Stick. Even if you won’t be using the Google Play Store directly, you need to change these settings.
- Select the device on which you want the Fire Stick to appear.
- Go back to the YALP home screen and select the three horizontal lines again.
- This time, select Categories. You will notice that all displayed categories are exactly the same as in the Google Play Store.
- Select the appropriate category and search for the app you want. To do this, you need to select Communication and search for Discord.
- Finally, download Discord and wait until installation on Amazon Fire Stick.
USE DISCORD ONLINE
The fact that alternative app stores may not always have apps available is a major disadvantage. Discord, for example, can be available in YALP’s app library one day and then disappear the next. YALP’s app collection used to exclude some Google Play Store apps.
If you wish to prevent this risk and keep using Discord on your Amazon Fire Stick, you should use Discord online instead.
All you have to do is go to this website, log in, and you’re good to go. Of course, you won’t be able to use all of the Discord app’s capabilities, but the ones available online maybe enough.
ON THE AMAZON FIRE STICK, ENJOY DOWNLOADING GOOGLE PLAY STORE APPS
If you’ve never modified your Fire Stick settings before, the information in this article may be overwhelming. However, because all of the procedures are straightforward, take your time and practice each one to assure the process’s success.
Were you able to use our guide to download Discord? Do you have any other apps on your phone? Please let us know in the comments section below.
- How To Change Chromecast Aspect Ratio (2021)
- How to Check Your PC Specification on Windows 11 [Complete Guide]
- How To Download Videos From DailyMotion (2 Easy Methods)
- Easy Ways To Activate YouTube with YouTube.com/activate (Watch Videos Using Your Smart Device) 2021
- How to Fix Logitech Options Not Working on Windows